Dr. Jorgji Jajçari Academic Excellence Scholarship
The inaugural Dr. Jorgji Jajçari Academic Excellence Scholarship will be awarded to a Nehemia Non-Public School student and is available to currently enrolled 9th grade students. The recipient will receive a minimum of $1,000 used to cover a portion of their 10th grade tuition. Every interested student must submit their completed application by May 10th, 2019. The scholarship recipient will be announced by the end of May 2019.
In coming years, eligibility for the Dr. Jorgji Jajçari Academic Excellence Scholarship will be extended to all other High Schools in the District of Pogradec, and then to a national level. As well, scholarship amounts will increase with each academic year.
- Eligible Students must have attended the entire 8th grade at Nehemia Non-Public School and they must be currently enrolled in the 9th grade.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A cumulative minimum of 9.00 GPA required for grades V-VIII.
- Të ketë marrë pjesë në aktivitete vullnetare në shërbim të komunitetit
- 6. Participation and awards in various academic and non-academic competitions and/or tournaments will be considered
- High proficiency in English (additional languages will be considered advantageous).
- Candidates’ Resume (two pages or fewer).
- Notarized copies of official transcripts for grades V – VIII
- Transcription of grades from grade IX through month preceding application submission, signed by respective head-teachers and school principal
- Argumentative essay, not to exceed 300 words (prompt forthcoming).
- Zhvillimin e një eseje argumentative me 250-300 fjale. (Tema e e esesë do të shpallet ne vijim).
- Three Letters of Recommendation from teachers (not to exceed 250 words).
- Copies of diplomas/certificates from extracurricular/volunteering activities
SCHOLARSHIP AWARDING CRITERIA:
- Academic standing (measured by the GPA)
- Applicant interview
- Participation in extracurricular activities
- Letter of Motivation/Argumentative Essay
HOW TO APPLY:
The complete application must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org between February 10th, 2019 and May 10th, 2019. Direct any further inquiries to either: email@example.com or the staff member responsible for the Dr. Jorgji Jajçari Academic Excellence Scholarship at your school.
MAINTAINING THE SCHOLARSHIP:
- To maintain the Dr. Jorgji Jajçari Academic Excellence Scholarship student(s) are required to report their academic progress and other relevant extracurricular activities four times throughout the academic year. These essays (not to exceed 200 words) must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org: October 15th 2019, December 15th 2019, February 15th 2020, and April 15th 2020..